A Day With Horses
An Introduction to Riding &
Children ages 9-15 will cover basic riding skills and techniques, hand positioning, posture, grooming, breed colors and markings, saddle and bridle identification, tacking up, feeding, crafts, making horse treats (that you can eat), anatomy, equine psychology, safety, respect and consideration of horses. Please have your child wear jeans and sneakers. Also bring a sack lunch, drink & water bottle, and sunscreen.
Sign up soon as classes will fill up quickly. Registrations are taken on a first-come, first-serve basis. Each class is $50.00 per child.
The registration form uses Adobe Reader. If you do not have this free reader, please click here to download it.
- Clean Stalls
- Wash Buckets/Water Trough
- Break (snacks/water)
- Clean Saddles & Bridles (Identify)
- Lunch with a movie
- Go over grain using grain board
- Horse anatomy & Physiology
- Horse psychology, sleep patterns, emotions
- Horse colors, marking, breeds
- Hat or horseshoe craft
- Make horse treats
- Measure hands, heights & weights
- Practice seat position on show saddle
- Pilates ball core position & posture
- Craft (making bit)
- Groom horses & clean plaster hoof
- Eat horse treats/Saddle club movie/receive certificates